Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tanya?s Nana

Tanya Wagner, the 2009 CrossFit Games champion, has made CrossFit a family affair by getting her grandparents involved. Her grandmother, Nana, is 77 years old, and her grandfather is 81.

Even training just one day a week with Tanya, Nana is seeing great improvement and praises her granddaughter for the success. Now Nana is able to rake her leaves again and walk to her grandson’s soccer games.

“I can walk without my cane now, so that is an accomplishment,” she says.

“I could not really lift anything before—now I can,” Nana continues. “I didn’t have enough strength in my arms to even get up, you know, leaning on a chair, but now I can. I’m not as afraid of falling as I was before because I feel like I could help myself.”

Maintaining functionality while aging is an important part of CrossFit, as is simply feeling good.

“I feel a lot better,” Nana says, and her family is incredibly proud of her progress.

7min 01sec

Additional reading: Seniors and Kids by Greg Glassman, published Feb. 1, 2003.

Estella Warren Cinthia Moura Monica Potter Brittany Snow Lauren German

No comments:

Post a Comment