Monday, May 23, 2011

Sherwood Chronicles: Community Part 6

In this new series, HQ trainer Pat Sherwood is searching the CrossFit community for real people with real stories to share. In Part 6, Sherwood is at CrossFit Reston in Reston, Va., for a Level 1 Certificate Course. While there, he interviews Helen, a 65-year-old CrossFitter, to find out her motivation for attending.

“I just wanted to prove I could do it,” Helen says.

Helen began CrossFit to improve her health and shed fat. She absolutely loves it.

“I was totally addicted within two weeks,” she says.

Helen immediately asked her coach if she could train more days a week. The results are changing her life for the better. Helen says she lost 20 lb. of fat and gained 10 lb. of muscle.

“So I really support the Paleo Diet, and I really support CrossFit, and I just think it’s all wonderful,” Helen says.

6min 02sec

Additional reading: Seniors and Kids by Greg Glassman, published Feb. 1, 2003.

Deanna Russo Cheryl Burke Olivia Wilde Paulina Rubio Kirsten Dunst

No comments:

Post a Comment