Monday, February 21, 2011

The Sherwood Chronicles: Community Part 2

In this new series, HQ trainer Pat Sherwood is searching the CrossFit community for real people with real stories to share. In Part 2, Sherwood is back home to Denver, Colo., for an interview with CrossFitter and friend Domoni Alexander, who discusses her background and how CrossFit has benefited her.

“Before CrossFit, I was on the whole ‘fat-free, whole-grain kick,’” Alexander says. From granola and crackers as “healthy” snacks to energy-drink fruit smoothies for post-workout nutrition, Alexander has come a long way.

“Since then, of course, I’ve realized that I consumed way too many carbohydrates,” she says. “Now I’m doing the Paleo Diet. I love it.”

Alexander says she has more recently added Zone Diet portioning to her quality foods.

“Now I’m going back to weighing and measuring because I just think it’s a good thing to do, because sometimes you forget and overeat,” she says.

Alexander has also changed up her post-workout nutrition.

“I’m doing Progenex and then mangos post-workout,” she says.

6min 38sec

Additional reading: Optimized Post-Workout Nutrition for the CrossFit Athlete by Chris Mason, published March 11, 2010.

Karen Carreno Bijou Phillips Marika Dominczyk Dita Von Teese Rachel Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment