Friday, February 25, 2011

Challenge Yourself to Something New

“I came here the first day as an ex-military guy ... and the first week just kicked my butt,” Kosta Xigagos says of his first CrossFit experience.

A CrossFit Pleasanton athlete, Xigagos is an amputee who recently competed in the Southern Powerlifting Federation’s 4-in-1 Powerlifting Event, which included divisions for CrossFit, raw, and single-ply and double-ply suits. He is the first amputee to complete a powerlifting meet.

“I wanted something to push myself, something to look forward to, you know, as far as a sport, and this is pretty much what I can do as a sport, so that’s why I got into the powerlifting side,” Xigagos says.

According to Xigagos, more CrossFitters should try competing at powerlifting meets.

“You challenge yourself in CrossFit every day to certain workouts, so why not challenge yourself to something new?” he asks.

6min 01sec

Additional reading: Unleash Your Power by Mike Warkentin, published Jan. 20, 2010.

Kate Moss Zhang Ziyi Nikki Reed Natasha Bedingfield Audrina Patridge

No comments:

Post a Comment