Sunday, June 12, 2011

Beyond the CrossFit Games: Part 1

Emily Beers explains why human beings are more interesting than elite athletes.

I am sprawled on the floor holding my right leg.

“Are you OK? Is there anything we can do?” ask a handful of people who have suddenly crowded around me.

“Yes, can you Google ‘Achilles ruptures’ for me? Find out what the surgery is like and how long the rehab is,” I say.

“Relax, Em. You don’t know what you’ve done yet. It might not be anything serious,” a friend says to me.

I hope he is right, but I know what I’ve done. The unmistakable pop. The squishy tendon. I know I have ruptured my Achilles. I know I am done for the season.

I feel like my world has just crumbled beneath me.

Kristin Cavallari Brittany Murphy Britney Spears Amanda Swisten Scarlett Chorvat

No comments:

Post a Comment