Sunday, January 30, 2011

While I'm here, quick Sunday sports blogging | Michael Tomasky

Since I'm sitting at the computer and logged in to the system, I might as well fire off a quick sports post while I'm here.

I'm sure some of you noticed the mighty Mountaineers' miraculous victory over Georgetown yesterday, right here in little old Washington. Your correspondent was in attendance. We looked great. I mean, I think G'town tied it up once down the stretch, but the Mounties really stood firm, forcing four straight turnovers down the stretch. I now see clearly why Casey Mitchell's indefinite suspension was brought to an end (28 points, that's why!).

How about those Jets? That was sweet. And I never in a million years thought the Seahawks had a chance in hell.

It is, arguably, the best American sports weekend of the whole year, wild-card weekend. The games are usually terrific and outcomes are often surprising. And it's all the more fun if snow is involved, which may be the case in Kansas City today, though probably not Philly.

Predictions:
Kansas City 20, Baltimore 14.
Green Bay 35, Philadelphia 31.

Mind you I'd rather see the Iggles win. My gut just tells me otherwise. What think youse folks?


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

Krista Allen Hayden Panettiere Jules Asner Whitney Able Kelly Clarkson

No comments:

Post a Comment