Sunday, July 10, 2011

CrossFit Longevity: Results

“I actually think this demographic is actually a lot more rewarding to work with because although gains are small, they’re huge in the daily lives of these people,” says John Van Every, owner of CrossFit Longevity in Santa Cruz, Calif. He’s offering CrossFit to a specialized segment of the population: athletes 50 years of age and older. In this video, Van Every highlights some of his athletes.

Gary Reece came to CrossFit from a sedentary life.

“I was the ultimate couch potato. I mean I didn’t even like to move to get the remote control,” he says. Now he can pick up his six-year-old granddaughter and has noticed an improvement in many facets of his life.

“I feel a lot better. I feel like I’m 10 years younger, actually,” he says.

Gloria Thomas was a cyclist before finding CrossFit and has made great strides in her fitness since finding CrossFit. She was drawn to the program for the challenge.

“I could see that it was hard work, and I know that hard work means that maybe you get some good results,” she says. “I’ve noticed that I’m much stronger.”

Learn the stories of these and more of Van Every’s athletes as they share how CrossFit has changed their lives.

13min 20sec

Additional reading: Seniors and Kids by Greg Glassman, published Feb. 1, 2003.

Selita Ebanks Michael Michele Marisa Tomei Shannyn Sossamon Rachael Leigh Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment